Algae Growing on Pool Pad

kristinainaustin

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
I have a Rhino Pad underneath my pool as it is on a concrete pad. It's been up for less than a month and the pad is growing algae! How do I clean it? Do I need to take the whole thing down (it's small - 12 ft x 30 in) and clean everything? Please say no. :) I was going to hose it down to see if that helped, but am afraid of pushing water further underneath the pool. I had an 18 ft x 52 in Ultra Frame last year (we downgraded so that our three-year-old can touch/"swim" as she is the primary pool user) and never had this problem. It was on the same concrete pad, but it had a Gorilla Pad underneath it (which looks identical to the Rhino Pad, so I didn't think anything of it). We've had unusually rainy weather (seems like it won't stop since I put the pool up... of course), so maybe that has something to do with it?! None of the algae is on or in the pool, but I worry about it being underneath it/where I can't see it and causing damage. Help!

Algae below the pool won't damage anything. At worst, it might look a little unsightly. To clean it up you would need to drain the pool, remove the liner, and rinse everything with a bleach solution.

I would trim the excess off so you can't see it and call it a day! No way would I drain the pool because of this. Just be very, very careful while trimming it. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.