intex saltwater system no power after adding salt can i go back to chlorine?

Jun 9, 2014
elk grove ca

So We have an intex saltwatter system 8110 and it has been nothing but trouble. We have already replaced it once and it never worked right. We used it for all of 2 weeks and the water keep turn green so we discontinued using it. We this year we realized that we hadn't put enough salt and didn't use a stabelizer and that was our fault so I followed the instructions page by page 125 ls of lalt 2 lbs of stabilizer and waited 24 hours. Well wouldn't you know it the darn saltwater system wont power on! I am so though with the intex people! I wanna tell them to go take a fly stick lick at my :oops:@@@ and bleepety,:oops: bleep, bleep,:oops::oops::oops::oops: bleeep, BLEEP! Okay so needless to say I'm frustrated. We lost the receipt last year due to an unfortunate spill so I can't have intex replace it. My question is can I just go back to using liquid chlorine or should i drain the pool half way and refill? I haven't even had a chance to run the saltwater system and the cyanuric acid is still in granules on the bottom of the pool. I have a 16x48 intex pool that we love.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Liz R

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, you can go back to using liquid chlorine with no "conversion" required. Just start adding chlorine.

By the by, it isn't a good idea to let cyanuric acid sit on the liner. It can damage the liner. Your best bet is to vacuum it into the filter and let it sit in there until it dissolves.

Thanks for the info! That's what we are doing as we speak. I figured it would "quick dissolve" like the package said but no that didn't happen. I read the forums last night and realized that it was definitely not a good thing when it was still there this morning I should get it away from the liner.

Thank you so much.

Liz R:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.