Stains on pool liner

vanb77

Jun 9, 2014
George/Iowa
Hello, I am new to this site. I have a 24' Dough Boy above ground pool. Here is my problem. This past fall (after I closed up the pool) we had a storm come through and destroy the winter cover. I never replaced that cover (my mistake) and the pool ended up with lots of leaves and debris in it. When I went to get the pool ready this spring, the water was very greenish/brown. I got the water to be clear again, and got the leaves and debris out of it but now the liner is stained. I talked to the place I purchased the pool and showed them the pics. Their suggestion was to shock, shock, shock, and scrub with a brush. I have tried this and it is not working at all. Any suggestions on how to get the stains off the liner? Is there a good chemical I could use to get rid of these stains? The pictures I attached are after shocking and scrubbing.

Attachments

• Pool Liner 1.jpg
    Pool Liner 1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Pool Liner 2.jpg
    Pool Liner 2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 33
Welcome to TFP!

Chlorine and brushing should have removed organic stains.

Try scrubbing a stained area with a Vitamin C tablet from the drug store. If it lightens or removes the stain, it indicates the stain is a metal deposit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.