Filling 20x40 with well water

What is a good iron, or metal remover Ive heard it called sequestrate?

A truck of water costs $1900.00 Too much for me

I need to re-fill my pool after a liner replacement and I don't want staining right away when i add chlorine...

I also need to fix the bottom, since i have ground water seeping in at a pretty fast rate.

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

There is no such thing as a metal remover. Sequestrants temporarily hold metals in suspension, but they break down and need to be replenished frequently.

Jacks Magic products seem to be the second best option for stain control. The first being metal-free water.

My previous liner would stain easily during shocking/slam process. I have used Ascorbic acid to remove the stains but then need to add a lot of chlorine slowly to compensate. I Although i have never had our well tested it does have the iron taste and smell as well as staining my concrete, and house siding.
I will try Jacks. I have seen another product called Robelle, it has the same Phosphonic acid in it any one heard about it?

I am too on a well with a decent amount of iron. After re-searching and talking to my well guy... I advise you do not fill the pool from the well. As Jason has pointed out you will never be able to "remove" the iron from the water.

Just for reference in cost: About a year ago we had to have a new pump, and a few months later a new well. The cost here in Florida for a 2" ~200ft well was around $4000.00. The pump alone was about $1,200.00 when it died before the new well.

The water truck doesn't sound so bad.... We had our 16" x 48" filled for $250.

Just my .02...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.