Questions about Pool Timers!

Red Shirt Ensign

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
I am thinking about adding a pool timer to my pool pump motor, so I can cut down on energy costs.... I have the equipment indicated in my signature and I have in the past just let the pool run on low 24/7 unless I kick into high after a party or for vacuum cleaning.
Whenever I decide to shut it off I always end up leaving it off for longer than I wanted as Ill forget and go to work or something.

Looking at some on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-T1...TF8&qid=1402336349&sr=8-5&keywords=pool+timer

and it seems I would need to replace my current plug outlet for the pump (I forget what style it is at the moment but its 3 prongs in a circular configuration) and hardwire the line to the timer and then cut off the head of the cord from the motor and hardwire that in too?

Ill post pictures later if need be, but I want to be dead sure of what I need and what to do before I purchase and install anything!

Thanks as always for the feedback!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.