Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions about Pool Timers!

1. Back To Top    #1

Questions about Pool Timers!

I am thinking about adding a pool timer to my pool pump motor, so I can cut down on energy costs.... I have the equipment indicated in my signature and I have in the past just let the pool run on low 24/7 unless I kick into high after a party or for vacuum cleaning.
    Whenever I decide to shut it off I always end up leaving it off for longer than I wanted as Ill forget and go to work or something.

Looking at some on Amazon

and it seems I would need to replace my current plug outlet for the pump (I forget what style it is at the moment but its 3 prongs in a circular configuration) and hardwire the line to the timer and then cut off the head of the cord from the motor and hardwire that in too?

Ill post pictures later if need be, but I want to be dead sure of what I need and what to do before I purchase and install anything!

Thanks as always for the feedback!
    24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!
    Vist TFT Test Kits --- Visit Pool School ---
    Visit the Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Questions about Pool Timers!

Leave the plug and socket the way they are. Then wire the timer just before the outlet, so it switches the outlet on and off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School