Yet another "I thought my area was level but obviously not" post asking for feedback

Yet another "I thought my area was level but obviously not" post asking for feedback

Hi all,

I'm yet another "I thought my area was pretty level but after filling the pool it's pretty off' person. I wish I would have done some pre-planning before instead of after, but unfortunately the deed's done. The area where my pool is at is going to be leveled and a nice platform built after the summer, so i'm hoping since i've filled the pool already it can last out the season and it will be corrected for next year. Checking out my pictures does it look like it should be able to ride out the season, or is it too unsafe requiring an immediate drain/leveling?
Thanks for your feedback!

IMG_1417.jpgIMG_1419.jpg

Re: Yet another "I thought my area was level but obviously not" post asking for feedb

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, all we are going to say is that the recommendation is to be within 1" of level all the way around. Some members may state that they have been worse and had no problems, but if you choose to leave it for the summer, that is your decision and ultimately the risk is yours.

Re: Yet another "I thought my area was level but obviously not" post asking for feedb

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, all we are going to say is that the recommendation is to be within 1" of level all the way around. Some members may state that they have been worse and had no problems, but if you choose to leave it for the summer, that is your decision and ultimately the risk is yours.

Thanks for the welcome and response! After i've been researching i'm aware that 1" seems to be the acceptable range. As you kind of mentioned, i'm curious about some other members experiences with an out of level pool like mine and how they held up for the season. I guess I was hoping a flood of people would reply with a 'oh sure my pool looks like that and i didn't have any problems in the short term' to ease my mind a bit :)

We bought a used floating ring pool mid summer last year and after worrying everyday while we had the little guy up that the low side (deep end) would give up and dump all our water, I went to great lengths to make sure our new Ultra frame pool was set up properly. It took a lot of work and time to get it right, but so far this summer I don't worry about it.

Is that an 18 x 48? If so, keep in mind that you have roughly 54,000 lbs (27 tons) of water in the pool. The liner, rail and legs are designed to carry that kind of load by distributing it evenly and vertically. With it out of level you are putting more pressure on some legs than others and applying it at an angle on the legs instead of vertical.

There are some people that will chime in saying you'll be fine. But the only way to know you will be fine is to take it down and level underneath it. It looks from your picture you are probably 3 to 5 inches out of level. I personally would be nervous. Also, you need to get that return under water or you are going to have to continually lower your pH. It will however keep your water temp down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.