Test numbers and a question

I just did my weekly testing numbers are
    FC 7.5
    CC 0
    Ph 7.8
    TA 140
    CH 180
    CYA 50

I just added 20 oz. MA (by the way, if you buy Kleenstrip Muriatic Acid, the label doesn't say the strength, on their website in the MSDS is says <25) to bring down the Ph a bit and that will in turn reduce the TA also? Is that correct?

The calcium hardness is a little low (?) should I even mess with it?

Since starting with TFP about a month ago, I don't believe my pool has EVER looked this good, and easy to care for, thank you all!
    12 K IG plaster grecian style pool (age unkown, OLD!), Hayward S244T 62GPM sand filter, Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump, Hayward CL 220 chlorine feeder, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test numbers and a question

Yes the MA will lower the pH and the TA some.
    If you keep the pH above 7.5, then the CH being a little lower should not matter. It will rise as water evaporates and you add top-off water.

Congrats on taking control
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Test numbers and a question

Thanks Jason............when I started TFP my wife didn't understand, it was always......"you're buying MORE bleach?" Now she says, "the pool sure looks nice, I'm going to the store, do you need more bleach?".........LOL
    12 K IG plaster grecian style pool (age unkown, OLD!), Hayward S244T 62GPM sand filter, Hayward 3/4 HP Super Pump, Hayward CL 220 chlorine feeder, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robot cleaner