Introduction

pdux

May 12, 2014
United States
Hi all!

I am new to TFP and feel like I have finally found some common sense in the plethora of information out there!! I have an 8 year old in-ground, plaster pool. We put it in new
and have handled our own maintenance from the get go. I handle the water chemistry and my husband does the filter and other equipment. But I must admit, I have fallen prey to the "advice" of my local pool store. Now that I have found TFP, I can happily kiss them goodbye!!

My pool is a simple 20'x40' rectangle. We use chlorine for sanitation and used to use an ozonator. I say "used to" because it broke several years ago and we have not gotten it repaired...it's on the list! I am able to maintain my pool with only a few frustrating glitches (which I will be posting about later....)

I have always struggled with adding various chemicals to my pool to achieve a certain number "just because" a test says so. I want to know the "why." With TFP and all of the forums and articles, I am learning more than I ever thought I wanted to know!!

Thank you all!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Don't bother throwing money at a broken ozonator ... we do not recommend them for use in residential outdoor pools anyway as they do not really offer any benefit.