Cracked stairs!!!! Help.....

Jun 1, 2014
El Reno OK
I have a pool that is about 15 years old. This spring I found a crack about 3" long on the middle stair. I put some caulking on it and haven't had any problems. Until now. I lost about 6" of water last night and I looked at the crack. Caulk is gone and steps are leaking. Can anyone help me on sealing these plastic steps? What do I do???

Depending what kind of pool your talking about, I use 3M 5200 to repair leaks under water, this stuff is a pain to mess with, but it does work good for me, does not look pretty because it's white and dries white, and can be applied under water.
There is also another material that works underwater, much easier to work with, I'm not sure if it hardens, both can be found at Home Depot, this other stuff is called Groov it's an apoxy, I have never tried it, but I plan to in the future depending on the repair I need to do.

I came home from lunch to find the leak. That's when I made the post. Drained all afternoon to this.

image.jpg

I put this on the 3" or so crack.

image.jpg

Waiting on the full hour to sand and hopefully paint so I can re fill with this.
image.jpg

Has anyone used this stuff?

Does anyone have a better idea?

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.