Above ground 30'x54" and moat prob

May 27, 2014
Ka
Hi all- new here! We bought a beautiful handme down pool, got it up the weekend and we are having some ground issue. We think we hit a spring when we dug the ground down 16" to level the land. Now we have a moat around the pool that keeps filling.

What's the best solution for this?? Husband has gone to buy a pipe with holes for drainage- will this help?? Any other ideas??

I'll try and post some pictures...

Thanks!
Wendee

Re: Above ground moat?!?! 30'x54"

Welcome to TFP!

Your photo link is to your private album, so I can't see it.

Any chance it is a sprinkler line or something similar?

If you have a "downhill" side to drain it to then the drain field pipe should help. I would be concerned though, looking at this picture, that there is a spring this close to the surface and you would have not known it was there.

5CFBA15A-DBC3-4A28-BFA0-9849D1DEE995.jpg

Is that upright on the left side crooked or is it just a photo trick?

Hi, I have a few questions for you. Do you get your water from a well? Have you had a lot of rain lately? How far is the house from the pool? Do you see water bubbling up anywhere? Do you have a septic system? Did you reuse the liner or buy a new one?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Above ground 30'x54" and moat prob

No well water- septic is way to the north of the pool- (left), we were worried about it being the leach field but the liquid isn't slimy or dark or stinky. It has rained off and on during the past 2 weeks of us getting the ground ready. It's roughly 40 feet from the back of our deck. We used fill sand and then silt on top.

- - - Updated - - -

New liner!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.