Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robotic pool cleaner reviews

1. Back To Top    #1

Robotic pool cleaner reviews

So, I have been trying to do some research on which to buy. I have read quite a bit and I still have no clue which to buy.

This site is helpful because it lists the motor replacement costs and shows the warranty if it is full or prorated.
    http://www.poolexpress.com/robotic-cleaner-reviews

Here is another website that lists their favorite cleaners.
    http://www.swimuniversity.com/10-bes...pool-cleaners/

Anyone, else have any sites?
    Russell,

IG 11K gemstone freeform w/ waterfalls, Jandy 2HP ePump, CL460 Cartridge Filter, 400K Legacy Heater, Nicheless LEDs, AquaPure SWG, Aqualink, Dolphin Z5, TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Robotic pool cleaner reviews

Not robotic... but had a Hayward navigator, replaced it with Poolvergnuegen (The Pool Cleaner). You should find a bunch of reviews of it here, I think it is the favorite, it's definitely mine. If you do choose it, don't get the the 4 wheel, it doesn't climb walls as well as the two wheel. Some good video's of it at work on Youtube as well.
    18K Gals, Intelliflo VSD, Pentair Catridge, SWG, Solar & Gas Heat, Pebble Tec, Jandy AquaLinks, Pool Pal for Android.

3. Back To Top    #3

Answered with my opinion on the other thread, but a pool as nice as yours ought to have a top of the line Robot. M4, M5, or Z5. They are just fantastic.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Is it worth 500 dollars more than say a Aquabot 4WD or a Dolphin Triton?
    Russell,

IG 11K gemstone freeform w/ waterfalls, Jandy 2HP ePump, CL460 Cartridge Filter, 400K Legacy Heater, Nicheless LEDs, AquaPure SWG, Aqualink, Dolphin Z5, TF-100.

5. Back To Top    #5

I purchased a smartkleen nitro and am happy with what it does for the price.
    Here's my review with a movie of it in action.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-into-1-minute
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
    Is it worth 500 dollars more than say a Aquabot 4WD or a Dolphin Triton?
    $$$= Cleaning power. Always keep that in mind when buying a Robot.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

1300 is a long way from 750. I don't even want to remote or caddy. I will be storing it just 6 feet from the pool. If the Z5/M5 was 1000 I would do it.
    Russell,

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

1300 is a long way from 750. I don't even want to remote or caddy. I will be storing it just 6 feet from the pool. If the Z5/M5 was 1000 I would do it.
    Take a look at the Dolphin Premier
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Triton and Premier are the same thing. I looked at it. I was just wondering why the M5/Z5 is so much better. I mean I can afford it. I just don't believe in wasting money. I swear someone needs to do a sticky on robotic cleaners. There are just so many ways to go. It is quite confusing too. Warranty info, replacement motor cost, cleaning ability. Retail/internet models which are the same. Which cleaners have a warranty when buying online.
    Russell,

10. Back To Top    #10

I give. I am going to order the Z5 this week since it is 100 off.
    Russell,

11. Back To Top    #11

Where can I get the 100 off ? Is it at Epic ????
    22k,IG Vinyl,Hayward Dual Speed Pump,Hayward Cartridge filter C3030,SWG 9 Cell Pro-Logic, 4 Relay System,Dolphin Supreme M4

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

If you order the Z5, type in DOLPHIN100 in the code box @ checkout. should take another 100 off....It did a cpl weeks ago when I ordered. I paid 1299.00 others here paid 1199 about 1-1.5mo ago.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

13. Back To Top    #13

I just ordered an hour ago. I have a bad back due to a car wreck. The top loading filters, caddy, and not a crazy weight made this a good choice for me. Also, I am lazy as it gets. The less work I have to do the better. It is what made me decide to get the Z5 for the extra 3-400 over other cleaners.
    Russell,

14. Back To Top    #14

Ohh yea, thank you all that helped and responded to my threads on robotic cleaners. I still think it would be helpful to list them all out. Maybe I will do it if I am bored so a mod can stick it. I found this to be the only real confusing thing to pick as far as pools go.
    Russell,

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
    Ohh yea, thank you all that helped and responded to my threads on robotic cleaners. I still think it would be helpful to list them all out. Maybe I will do it if I am bored so a mod can stick it. I found this to be the only real confusing thing to pick as far as pools go.

I couldn't agree more. BrushPup made it easier for me. I got to witness his Dolphin in action and decided it can't get better than that. Without his salesmanship I'd still be researching. Dolphin owes him some commission.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor