Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dirty Pool Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Dirty Pool Liner

Hello. For some reason my pool lost almost all of it's water during the winter months. There was 1/4 of water left in the pool. I don't think there is a hole in the liner so why would the water be so low? Also, the bottom of the liner is very dirty so I am now empting the rest of the water and the I have to clean the liner. What is the best cleaning solution to use to clean a liner? Thanks for your help.

Mark

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Dirty Poll Liner

I'm a little confused. Your signature says you have a fiberglass pool but the question is about a liner?
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

I have tried to change my signature but I don't know how to do it. I never wrote that signature.

4. Back To Top    #4

mkdsk101,

I have sent you a PM on this issue and corrected your signature. To add a new signature go to................
    Settings > Edit Signature

5. Back To Top    #5

Fixed the signature but what about an answer to my question if anyone can help me.

6. Back To Top    #6

The water had to get out somewhere. Inspect right at the level where it drained to. It's gotta be a hole there somewhere.

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

7. Back To Top    #7

Did inspect the entire liner and there are no holes at all. Do winter pool covers seep water through them at all? What is the best cleaning solution to use on a liner?

- - - Updated - - -

I used the pool the summer of 2013 and then covered it for the winter and then opened it up today and the water was very low.

8. Back To Top    #8

I can't comment on cleaning a liner. No experience on that for me. If you have a safety winter cover, they certainly allow liquid water (and snow that melts on to).

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I have no experience with above ground pools and their liners. If it is anything like an inground, the important thing to do is fill it and balence the water, run filter....brush.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Re: Dirty Pool Liner

If it is algae that caused the staining, perhaps a good SLAM would cure it. Along with vacuuming, etc.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

11. Back To Top    #11

Re: Dirty Pool Liner

Found out from my neighbor that his pool was also low in water when he opened it. It was from the heavy snow and ice we had this year and it pushed the water up and out of the filter inlets.