Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for a new SWG system

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for a new SWG system

I'm just getting ready to purchase a SWG. I'm considering the sgschlorinators.com Breeze 540 for my 20,000 gallon fiberglass pool.

Any current feedback on that system or any suggestions of a better one? Looking for overall long term value, minimal maintenance of the unit, and ease of use. I intend to install the unit myself.

My filter is the Hayward s-244T with effective filtration area of 3.14 sq ft, a filtration rate of 20 GPM/sq ft, Filtration and backwash design flow rate of 62 GPM, maximum working pressure of 50 psi; holding 300lbs of sand.
    My Pump motor is the 1 HP A.O. Smith 1081 design ST1102 single speed motor
    My Pump is the HP Hayward STX 2600 super pump
    My Cleaner is the Dolphin Diagnostic Serial 75674AS13
    My Pool is:
    16 x 43 fiberglass made by sun pools of Florida (actual 154 x 42)
    644 sq feet

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommendations for a new SWG system

I don't know much about the Breeze. It looks familiar, but whatever I am remembering had another name.

None of them are perfect. Every brand has problems at least occasionally.

We recommend getting a unit that is 1.5 to 3 times larger than the pool you have. So the size you have chosen is appropriate.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Where do you live?
    IG Pebbletec Blue Tahoe; Paddock Pool PCC 2000 pop-up; 22,275 gal 32' x 16' Diving with Auto-Fill
    Pentair 420 Cartridge filter; 3 hp VS Whisperflo Main Drain, 1 1/2 hp Whisperflo Running Pop-Ups; Jandy AquaPure 1400
    1 1/2 Whisperflo dedicated to Rock Waterfall; TF-100; Taylor K-1766; Pool Built in 1997

4. Back To Top    #4

I live in Chattanooga TN - about 1 mile from the GA border

5. Back To Top    #5

I should've asked this before, how much are you budgeting for this project?
    IG Pebbletec Blue Tahoe; Paddock Pool PCC 2000 pop-up; 22,275 gal 32' x 16' Diving with Auto-Fill
    Pentair 420 Cartridge filter; 3 hp VS Whisperflo Main Drain, 1 1/2 hp Whisperflo Running Pop-Ups; Jandy AquaPure 1400
    1 1/2 Whisperflo dedicated to Rock Waterfall; TF-100; Taylor K-1766; Pool Built in 1997

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Xexys View Post
    I should've asked this before, how much are you budgeting for this project?
    Prices I've seen on Amazon for the equipment are in the $400 - $900 range, so that is what I am expecting to pay, but I am willing to pay slightly more for a system that requires the least maintenance/repair.

7. Back To Top    #7

I've just recently received my Compupool CPX-36 replacement for a CPSC-48. I'm happy with it, it doesn't have bells and whistles, it produces chlorine gas. I looked/considered at getting the sgschlorinators.com Breeze 540 system as a replacement if the Compupool didn't work out.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

8. Back To Top    #8

the 540 cell will give you 0.3 ppm free chlorine per hour at 100 percent in 20,000 gallon pool
    during peak pool use you will need to run at least 7 hours per day at 100 percent output more likely 10 hours
    i would probably get next size up
    SWG inground peanut shaped eco-bright concrete pool
    50,000 litres 13,000 gallons
    Lincoln Salt Chlorinator, 25 gram cell Sand Filter with glass media
    Taylor K2006-C test kit, Taylor K-1766 salt test, Dolphin M500 pool cleaner
    are you taking care of your pool or is the poolshop taking care of you