FC Target level

May 5, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Ok, since my pool is in the bright sunshine 12hrs a day, I'm thinking I should probably adjust my "target" FC level.
The goal range for my pool size with CYA @ 40 is 3-7ppm. I've been using a 5 for my target. I test and add my FC around 8pm, once the sun is pretty much off the pool, this way the pool can start the next day with the FC ready for combat while we're at work.
But, usually when I test it around 8pm, the FC is around 2ppm...I'd prefer it to be higher.

Do yall think I should adjust my "target" FC level to 7 vs 5 to hopefully allow my FC level to be higher when I test it at 8pm?

I'd rather not raise my CYA above 40.
Thanks,

The key is the MINIMUM. Target whatever is required to keep the FC above the Min at all times. You might should increase the CYA to 50ppm, not sure why you don't want to as it will likely reduce the amount of FC you have to add each day.

Thanks. The reason I didn't want to raise my CYA to 50 is because I'm trying to keep a little buffer incase I consider dropping a puck during a vacation time period since none would be around to add bleach daily...unless I could just raise the FC to shock level and covering the pool with pump off and have that suffice.

I just fear getting that CYA to high and then looking at water replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.