LED options to upgrade Amerilite and Spabrite

Dan-H

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2011
No. CA
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my pool and spa lights. I need to do something with the pool light ASAP, but the spa is less time critical.

Pool light is american product. 500W 120V. the sticker on the case indicates Amerlite 7885xx or 7845xx or 7895xx series.
I haven't pulled the spa light out to look at, but paperwork I have suggests it is a spabrite. It is also 120V but I'm not sure of the wattage.
pool built in 1999 and these are the original fixtures.

I have an easytouch 8 and I would like the programming to match if possible. Not critical. The spa is not really visible so it could be a single color, but the white is a bit too bright. I had a blue plastic lens cover and this was fine.

This what I am considering for the pool: http://www.pentairpool.com/products...cement-lamp-for-amerlite-light-series-461.htm
It seems like it works with the easytouch and I like that it is a screw-in replacement.

Now to my questions

Is amerbrite as good as other brands? Is it as good as the intellibrite?

Is there a similar bulb-type screw in replacement spa light to match the ameribrite color LED? it could be single color but not white which is too bright.

If I go with non pentair brand, are these programmable via the easytouch?

If I end up changing the fixtures, is there benefit/drawbacks to change to 12V?
Pool light is 25-30 feet from boxes where it is spliced in. Spa is more like 60-75'

I was hoping to not pull new cable, especially for the spa which is a much longer run than the pool light.

tnx in advance and open to suggestions or ideas.

Dan

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.