Leslie's pH Lock

JohnN

Jun 24, 2012
Howell, NJ
I was looking for CYA on Leslie's website to compare prices with the other local stores (they are EXPENSIVE) and I came across this so-called pH Lock. I can't see what chemicals are in it, so I don't know what it is. Has anyone heard of this before? I'm not going to use it, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this "magical potion." http://www.lesliespool.com/leslies-14125-ph-lock-1-qt/14125.htm
According to their website, "pH Lock will instantly lower or raise the pH to the correct range of 7.2 to 7.8" :confused:

It is a phosphate buffer. It doesn't exactly "lock" in the PH, but it can help make it more stable. On the other hand it can cause a lot of trouble if you have calcium in the water as well, as phosphate and calcium can precipitate out together and make a mess.

So according to their website, I would need about $430 worth of this product for my pool. 1 quart treats 500 gallons, and my pool is about 13,500 gallons. I would need 27 quarts, times $15.99 a quart. Think they would give me a bulk purchase discount? Do people seriously pay over $400 for just 1 chemical?

Maybe this "potion" is only intended for spas, because down on the page, it says "Adjusts pH level as required to balance spa water in 7.2 to 7.8 range. " They don't mention pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.