Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Here is my ''not a real pool".. LOL

1. Back To Top    #1

Here is my ''not a real pool".. LOL

IMAG0170.jpg

The manager at Leslie's said Intex pools aren't 'real' pools.. Pfft!
    Intex 14' x 48" Ultra Frame (4000 gallons)
    -Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump -Intex 1,000 GPH Filter Pump -Intex Deluxe Surface Skimmer -Hayward Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner (Diver Dave) -Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Here is my ''not a real pool".. LOL

I dunno... looks like a pool to me. Maybe they mean it has to be green and cloudy to be a "real pool"
    Cedar hot tub, 680 US gallons - Snorkel wood-burning heater, canoe paddle, "offline" Intex 1000 GPH pump/filter with skimmer

3. Back To Top    #3

It seems to me if you can stretch out in it, it ceases to be a tub and becomes a pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm pretty sure you can get wet in that.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Leslie's "real pool" = something we sold you, and we empty your wallet keeping it green, slimy and unusable.

Our "real pool" = a relatively large open top container of crystal clear very inviting well cared for water.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

Last week Dh and I saw a family that had flipped a camper shell over, lined it with a tarp and filled it with water, the kids were playing in it. THAT Is not a real pool (although awesome in it's own right ), yours is definitely a real pool LOL

7. Back To Top    #7

1975 Horse Tank - being 6 years old = Real Pool!
    2014 Horse Tank - 45 years old = Redneck Pool!
    18x36 Buster Crab in ground, 3' shallow 8' deep, Hayward super pump, 300lb sand filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

How can they say they're not pools? Leslie's Pool Stores SELL Intex pools. What in the world do they call them, overgrown spas??
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

We need a thread "Leslies Follies" so all the hilarious craziness that pours out of those stores could be captured in one overwhelmingly comical thread.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor