Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Aqua Critter - Diver Dave - Cleaning pump/increasing flow caused to topple!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Aqua Critter - Diver Dave - Cleaning pump/increasing flow caused to topple!

The psi on my filter really fell, so I searched for the culprit and found that there was a screen/grid on the pump connection to the filter. So, I popped off the screen and let the gunk flow out of the impeller and then put everything back together (I wonder if I should have left the screen off?). The pump is back to tip top condition, as it is only a month and a half old, the pressure is back to normal and the pool water is swirling. BUT, now my Dive Dave causes the vacuum release valve to suck in air and Diver Dave is running around the pool so fast that he falls over. Any suggestions to keep Dave upright and keep the valves from sucking air into the pump?

Thanks!
    Intex 14' x 48" Ultra Frame (4000 gallons)
    -Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump -Intex 1,000 GPH Filter Pump -Intex Deluxe Surface Skimmer -Hayward Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner (Diver Dave) -Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Aqua Critter - Diver Dave - Cleaning pump/increasing flow caused to toppl

Please give us a better description on what you are calling "emergency air lock valves." And where are they?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Aqua Critter - Diver Dave - Cleaning pump/increasing flow caused to toppl

I updated the name.. it is called a vacuum release valve, per the manual. It is on the plunger valve.

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Please give us a better description on what you are calling "emergency air lock valves." And where are they?
    Intex 14' x 48" Ultra Frame (4000 gallons)
    -Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump -Intex 1,000 GPH Filter Pump -Intex Deluxe Surface Skimmer -Hayward Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner (Diver Dave) -Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006