Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New build in ground concrete pool in Las Vegas

1. Back To Top    #1

New build in ground concrete pool in Las Vegas

65' x 9' Hayward all around. Pics coming.

21.5K gallons... 65' x 9' Shotcrete Inground Lap Pool... 3'.5" to 6.5" Depth...9' by 7" Wet Deck... Hayward all the way... 2 L.E.D lights...Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue...And above all....LOVING IT!!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build in ground concrete pool

21.5K gallons... 65' x 9' Shotcrete Inground Lap Pool... 3'.5" to 6.5" Depth...9' by 7" Wet Deck... Hayward all the way... 2 L.E.D lights...Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue...And above all....LOVING IT!!!!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

You look like you're near me in the northwest part of town. Which pool builder did you go with?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by sgtolv View Post
    You look like you're near me in the northwest part of town. Which pool builder did you go with?
    Mojave Blue Pools

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: New build in ground concrete pool in Las Vegas

I guess I really do take grass for granted....That dust field in the before pictures would drive me nuts...Good luck with the rest of the build, looking forward to seeing more pictures.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
    I guess I really do take grass for granted....That dust field in the before pictures would drive me nuts...Good luck with the rest of the build, looking forward to seeing more pictures.
    Thanks! I can't say I am used to the dust, but we have come to the conclusion that we must live together. As soon as the pool is done I gotta find a way to cover all that up. Grass would be so nice)

11. Back To Top    #11

Love the look of the painted pvc at the equipment pad. Was that done after the equipment install?

12. Back To Top    #12

Thank you. Yes, it was done right when they finished installation.

13. Back To Top    #13

Nice. I have to that to mine just in almond color to match the equipment.

14. Back To Top    #14

Yeah, it's nicer when they kinda match the equipment

15. Back To Top    #15

16. Back To Top    #16

Hi there! Is your coping poured concrete cantilever? Also, what is the color and finish of the concrete cantilever and stepping pads? I am trying to decide for mine...but I am just not sure what surface finish would look good for the modern pool. Yours looks very nice, and smooth, which I like very much. My design lady is saying using slate finish, but I still think it is too much texture to it.
    72' X 10' IG pool with infinity edge spa and in pool dry deck completed Nov 2014. Pentair 3 HP VS pump for pool and spa. Pentair Challenger 3 HP for three 3 feet sheer decent water features. Pentair MasterTemp Heater and QUAD D.E. Filter.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thanks. Yes, the coping is poured concrete with a cantilever form. I did not like bullnose or inclined. The color is Desert Sand with a Cool Deck finish. It gets really hot here in the desert.

18. Back To Top    #18

Hi teknic88, good morning. There is another forum friend is having problem with her cantilever concrete coping cracking in as short as 5 days after being poured. How is yours holding up? You see any problem with yours so far? I am asking because I am contracted to do the concrete cantilever coping for my pool too, and I am having 2nd thoughts on this decision. Please let me know what you think, and why you decided to go with the cantilever coping. Thank you!

72' X 10' IG pool with infinity edge spa and in pool dry deck completed Nov 2014. Pentair 3 HP VS pump for pool and spa. Pentair Challenger 3 HP for three 3 feet sheer decent water features. Pentair MasterTemp Heater and QUAD D.E. Filter.

19. Back To Top    #19

I just like the straight/square/contemporary forms better, but I did not want to overpay with limestone or anything like that. Mine looks fine so far, but then again, it has the cool deck finish. I think bare concrete is a gambling in this heat. That is just my opinion

20. Back To Top    #20

So even on your coping you have cool deck finish? I am going to look up that type of finish to learn more about. I also like the contemporary square edge too. Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast