Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Knob on backwash valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Knob on backwash valve

The valve on my pentair backwash valve broke as I was trying to open it. Is this something that happens often, should I have been living that handle. It's only an year old.
    I was looking for the part, looks like I can replace the handle without having to change the whole insider part, or do you all recommend changing the whole inside.

Thanks, jr
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Knob on backwash valve

Opened it up, sure enough there was a piece of pvc glue at the very bottm of valve that was probably making it difficult to open everytime i had to back wash until it broke.
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Knob on backwash valve

Good for you to open it up and explore. That handle is pretty easy to order and replace DIY. Let us know if you need help.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School