Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do you think this method will work for stains?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do you think this method will work for stains?

So let me give you some details. This is my 2nd year of using the tfp method and my pool is Gin clear just like last year. I open my pool the first week of June after all the pollen and stuff has fallen from the trees.

Before opening and taking off the loop loc my pump has been running for 3 weeks with the water adjusted to prevent the famous green slime.

But when I pull the loop loc, I can see I need to do the Absobric acid treatment.

So my question is. Would I be smart to do the AA treatment first with the cover still on? Let that circulate for a few days and then adjust the Ph, TA, and FC.

I hate shocking the pool first, then a week later messing everything up with the AA.

Will AA kill algae?
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do you think this method will work for stains?

It is far easier to do an AA treatment when the water is completely clear and balanced. If you do the AA treatment first, you will have a rough time killing the algae without causing the stains to return.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    It is far easier to do an AA treatment when the water is completely clear and balanced. If you do the AA treatment first, you will have a rough time killing the algae without causing the stains to return.
    That makes 100% sense to me. but if I don't need to shock and I start early when the water temp. Is below 60 than the above would work don't you think.

4. Back To Top    #4

That can work. The AA treatment works much slower when the water temperature is colder, but it does still work.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    That can work. The AA treatment works much slower when the water temperature is colder, but it does still work.
    Thanks Jason, I'm going to test my theory next year, I will report back my results.

Thanks to you and this site, my pool is sparkling clear.