Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sealing stamped concrete

1. Back To Top    #1

Sealing stamped concrete

Does anyone have any experience sealing stamped concrete? My deck is looking dull and worn. Just wondering what type of sealer was best and if you colored it. any info is helpful
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sealing stamped concrete

when I had mine done they used a a 5g bucket with a black/green label that I have seen at the local place that I got my landscape rock from. Sorry don't recall the name. when they were sealing it they also threw down some powder/sand stuff for non slip purpose
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sealing stamped concrete

when they were sealing it they also threw down some powder/sand stuff for non slip purpose
    So they added the media after they applied the sealer? How is that working out for slip resistance? Our patio guy mixed the stuff in with the sealer and it's still pretty slick.
    26,700 Gal., 18x36 IG pool with Vinyl. 1HP Hayward Super Pump; Hayward DE3620 Filter; Hayward SAS; TFT-100 test kit; Dolphin Atlantis Cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sealing stamped concrete

Honestly we did a stamped granite look so has plenty of texture already. The silica sand or whatever it was he threw on top gave it a good gritty feel to it. I think it wears off over time though

13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test