Wet circuit Breaker

While running off excess water yesterday I left the door open to the outside circuit breaker for the pool(not too smart). The water hose coiled around and splashed the circuit breaker tripping the switch and the pump shut off. It is still wet and the pump won't start a day later. Should I just wait for it to dry then try again or should I call a electrician.

Hit it with a leaf blower then give it a couple of hours drying time. If that doesn't work, run a hair dryer on it for a while.

I like the leaf blower idea. I was thinking shop vac but whatever will blow some air on it. Get it dry first before you do anything.

When you say it's still wet are you talking about inside the box or the breaker itself ?? Is the breaker a GFI ?? Will the breaker reset properly or does it pop off again ?? Have you checked the main panel ?? Is there a GFI in the circuit and if so where is it ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.