Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wet circuit Breaker

1. Back To Top    #1

Wet circuit Breaker

While running off excess water yesterday I left the door open to the outside circuit breaker for the pool(not too smart). The water hose coiled around and splashed the circuit breaker tripping the switch and the pump shut off. It is still wet and the pump won't start a day later. Should I just wait for it to dry then try again or should I call a electrician.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wet circuit Breaker

Best bet is to call an electrician, and have him check everything. He may need to replace the breaker, and dry everything out.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hit it with a leaf blower then give it a couple of hours drying time. If that doesn't work, run a hair dryer on it for a while.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Is the main breaker to this sub panel OK or does it need to be reset?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I like the leaf blower idea. I was thinking shop vac but whatever will blow some air on it. Get it dry first before you do anything.

When you say it's still wet are you talking about inside the box or the breaker itself ?? Is the breaker a GFI ?? Will the breaker reset properly or does it pop off again ?? Have you checked the main panel ?? Is there a GFI in the circuit and if so where is it ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

What did you find out ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!