Good Morning.....can someone double check my plan :)

Sep 3, 2013
Hi All!

I have been slamming for 1 week! Things are looking better :) BUT I have no CYA :mad: making the SLAM very difficulty these past few days (sunny and hot here in CT!!!)

Here's what I have so far

ph 7.2
CH 60
TA 60 or 70 (pinkish added another drop not sure how "red" it is suppose to be)
FC 12.5
cc 0.5

Water is cloudy blue and I still have 0.5cc, so still slamming!

Yesterday I was testing and losing so much chlorine simply because of the darn sun!

Overnight, I only lost 1ppm so....

Can I grab some stabilizer and add it this AM during SLAM?

Thanks;)

Hi MJ,

Honestly, if it were me I probably wouldn't right now. I would eat the cost of losing some to the sun, because at no Cya level it won't take much FC to SLAM. The SLAM is what's eating your FC. You're getting there and as you get closer the water will start to clear. Just be patient, it will come.

If I did, I would not take it above 30 PPM, so if you must, don't add more than it will take to reach that level.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm not so much worried about the cost as I am about trying so hard to maintain the slam level!

I know how important it is to stay at 12, and yesterday two hours would go by and I would drop from 12 to 6!!! Then I was like OMG!!! HURRY UP, GET THE BLEACH!!! LOL

Last edited:
I should also add that when I started this process a week ago my pool was a swamp...eek!

Since I have already come a long way, I am super sensitive to the loss from the sun. I want it to ALL go the the yucky stuff!!!

Well, you are certainly thinking right on keeping it up. That is the right attitude, and what will get you to the end of the road. :goodjob:

Go ahead and raise it to 30. I think the organics are still eating you some, but you will have to be even more diligent to not let it fall below SLAM level. You are at that level for 30 Cya now, but if you let it slip it will cost you more time.

I can feel it, you're gonna do it, so go ahead and see if it helps. :lol:

Thanks a bunch!

I have the liquid stabilizer, I thought I read somewhere not to backwash for a period of time after adding? Is this correct?

Add the liquid pouring slowly in front of a return. Then brush the pool to realllllly make it mix in good. You can backwash as needed. You will lose some CYA with each backwash, but not much.

The "don't backwash...." is if CYA is added thru skimmer directly to filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.