Is it Algae?

May 12, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hello!,

Just cleaned my filter out and found some nastiness. Not sure if its just pollen and other stuff from cutting the grass around the pool or if it is algae. This is the second time that I have found this in two weeks. Pool is crystal clear with no problems whatsoever. :confused: Photos attached.
Current water test:

FC: 5.0
CC: 0.0
PH: 7.5
TA: 120
CH: 100
CYA: 55

20140607_195519.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20140607_201304.jpg

I concur. Some flowery thing my wife has drops stuff like that in my pool. I suggest a skimmer nylon. Keeps the stuff out of the filter. Cleaning is as easy as flipping it upside down and brushing the stuff off with your fingers. When it gets a run, replace it. Queen-size knee-highs work best. The regulars will stretch. but it's a lot of work.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/58581-Skimmer-Sock-Nylon-Illustrated

Ok thanks. This is down the hill from our pool.... Probably where it's coming from

eqabuduq.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have a DE and virtually no trees around, unlike my other pool, I had to clean the filter monthly. The only reason I have to recharge my DE filter with this pool is because I drain water from my waste to keep it from going over top of the skimmer. If I didn't manage the water level that way, I could go all summer without cleaning it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.