Pentair Filter Cleaning. What do you do?

DrS

Jun 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So I have 3 pentair systems. 520sq ft four filter jobs. Two run the pool and one runs the hot tub. The two that run the pool run all year, but only run 6 hours a day in winter unless it drops to 35 deg F. (My pool is essentially open all year round.)

My usual activity is to fully replace them every other year. I pull the filters apart and clean them in the spring (after pollen season) and in the fall. I do this with a power washer and then soak in a high % chlorine solution.

What do you do?

We don't recommend using a power washer on the fabric, can shorten the life. The filters should last more than 1 year, even with year round use. I soak them in dishwasher soap per the instructions in Pool School, at the end of the season. The carts on my pool and clients pools last 3 to 4 years with this process.

Good points and I did mis-type. Power washing is with a hose and nozzle from walmart. Not the big gas powered blasting things. Three years huh? Once I get more space here I will post up some pics of before and after. Things get DIRTY!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.