Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: phosfree

1. Back To Top    #1

phosfree

thought I would share this part of my last trip to Leslies..I was 'Leslied' as someone mentioned...I think I paid 62 bucks for this bit of 'magic' before I got on the TFP way of thinking...any suggestions as to what I might do with it..perhaps that is a risky question...I'll just keep it as an expensive reminder...D
    in ground gunite/plaster 16x30..3-6-3 play pool, sand filter, 1 hp pump..single speed... built in 77 replastered in 05
    15300 gallons. chlorine tabs no longer...tf-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: phosfree

Hang onto it. Someone's bound to annoy you at some point. Add it to his pool some night. Leslie's will sell him three or four hundred bucks' worth of stuff to fix it and then announce he has high TDS and he needs to drain.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

You paid $62 dollars for that? Excuse me for not knowing... I'm a TFP'er!

I say sale it on Craig's List. There is a Schmo out there willing to take it off your hands.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

at least Leslie's is consistent....overpriced and incorrect....I thought it was expensive..but I asked the guy 'what I needed to fix my pool'.....I think the whole bill was 118 bucks...and THEN I became a TFP'er.
    I know others will see this and groan from the same experience...thanks again...D
    in ground gunite/plaster 16x30..3-6-3 play pool, sand filter, 1 hp pump..single speed... built in 77 replastered in 05
    15300 gallons. chlorine tabs no longer...tf-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a bottle of the stuff and can't unload it on craigslist for $10 and I'll deliver... I found TFP just after that purchase.......
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

6. Back To Top    #6

I have some too, bought before TFP. Even though I used pucks and my CYA was crazy for 5 years I had no algae. I know now I was living dangerously if I ever got algae, but I did use PhosFree. I got it online for around $100 for 4 bottles.

I see no harm in using it. I have cartridge filters so to me it seems it would be more effective than in a sand filter. I will use it once a month until it is gone. When I posted about it last year the consensus seemed to be it may not help but it cannot hurt
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature