Pondering a liner with Intex 18x48 metal frame pool

Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Last season our pool had a slow leak. pool was drained during the winter. I did not think we would be using the pool again since we planned to move. well the move did not take places and now the kids are inquiring about the pool, uggh! I believe the leak is the result of normal wear (pool about 5 yrs old), bleach use (stains on bottom of pool), and pebbles (have a couple lumps underneath pool). Looking for advice, thoughts about inserting pool liner, maybe just to cover bottom, thinking that water pressure will seal liner to pool bottom to stop leak. If not that, then use the full liner. As for repairing, I'm afraid there may be several small holes and I may miss one. Getting ready to move pool, clean and redo ground beneath, its a little lopsided anyway. wha' cha think!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

We've had someone actually install an overlap liner in their Intex pool and hook the over lap liner over the wall and have it work. If you're going to do this, I suggest you keep the Intex liner in place and add the over lap liner over it. Search the forum for overlap liner in Intex pool or some variation and you should be able to find the thread. :goodjob:

This worked great!! I put an overlap liner over top of my intex pool with liner. I bought some tarp pullers at Home Depot and some bungie cords. Drove 6 pieces of 3ft long metal pieces in the ground and, with a little bit of hardware, looped the bungie cords through. Pic shows what I did. I did this in May, liner still holding well.IMG_20150719_155511.jpg

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

We've had someone actually install an overlap liner in their Intex pool and hook the over lap liner over the wall and have it work. If you're going to do this, I suggest you keep the Intex liner in place and add the over lap liner over it. Search the forum for overlap liner in Intex pool or some variation and you should be able to find the thread. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.