Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Intex pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, Texas

New Intex pool owner

We are first time owners of an Intex, 12'X30" pop-up pool for the 'grands' to play in. I have read that household bleach is good to use to keep in clean. How often should I use liquid bleach? Will 3/4 of a cup be sufficient for approximately 1400-1500 gallons of water? (one place says 1440, one says 1485) Should I only put it in in the evening? And…one more thing…how long do they have to wait to get in after the bleach is added? (PLEASE say it's not too long…they are READY! lol) I have, contrary to popular belief, read the book, however, I am just concerned I will do something wrong. Thank you for all your help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New Intex pool owner

Welcome to TFP!!!

You need to learn to use PoolMath to tell you how much bleach to add. You also need to maintain the pH in the 7s and you need to get some stabilizer in the water to protect the FC from the sun.

You should only need to add about 3/4 cups each day, but ideally you test and add as needed.

Check this page out in Pool School:

Forgot the most important question, you can swim about 30 minutes after adding the bleach.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Re: New Intex pool owner

Welcome Read Pool School, if anything its an interesting read.... Enjoy your pool with your grandkids...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction