Sep 20, 2011
All, this Kemtek chlorinating liquid any good for pools. Does it contain conditioner like PUCS.....Dont want to raise my CYA above the current 35. its 10% sodium hypochlorite and 90 other. Cant find no where what the other is. Thanks for the help in advance.

The other is water and lye. All bleach has that. Rest assured that if there were any conditioners, scents, thickeners, or whatever else, they'd ballyhoo it all over the packaging. Look hard at the box. If it looks weathered, it may be last year's leftovers. Somewhere on here their is a thread on decoding date codes on bleach, if you're up for a hunt.

The other is water and lye. All bleach has that. Rest assured that if there were any conditioners, scents, thickeners, or whatever else, they'd ballyhoo it all over the packaging. Look hard at the box. If it looks weathered, it may be last year's leftovers. Somewhere on here their is a thread on decoding date codes on bleach, if you're up for a hunt.

For sure not last year stuff. Guess I will use a few gallons of it and keep an eye on my readings. Thanks for the qick reply! This is the best site for pool info! Thanks again

I have used it and it worked just fine. Lowe's and HD both sell it here in NorCal. The only problem is they usually put it outside in the garden center....so depending on exposure to sun/temps, the strength could be in question after a while. I happened to take a box from a freshly delivered, still stretch-wrapped pallet. The pallet went fast. It was pretty much gone after one week.

All, this Kemtek chlorinating liquid any good for pools. Does it contain conditioner like PUCS.....Dont want to raise my CYA above the current 35. its 10% sodium hypochlorite and 90 other. Cant find no where what the other is. Thanks for the help in advance.

I just bought this at Lowe's tonight. This is the first time I'm adding anything to my pool, just let the pool guy go, and I'm using the PoolMath as a guide. Unfortunately I don't see a bleach % on the box or carton. Do you still use this product? Anyone know roughly what the bleach % is for this?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.