Adding Borax

Jun 6, 2014
Cypress, Texas
Absolute noob! Our dig is scheduled in a couple of weeks. I have listed as many specifics as I can (with my limited knowledge) in my signature. If I need to add please let me know. My question involves the first start up of the pool. I read in a post where it says let the pool co handle this as there are warranty issues for the pebble sheen. So at what time should I add Borax. The idea of softer water and algae deterrent sound great as well as helping buffer ph swings. How could you loose? Is there anything I should talk to the guy who does the initial start up about or should I just let him do his thing and change later?

Thanks!

Take a look at the how to startup new plaster section in the How To section of Pool School. Then talk to your builder about what they are taking care of and what is your responsibility. And feel free to ask us more questions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.