LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been fighting some stubborn algae stains on the floor of my AG pool. I have been slammin my pool with the brand new pump running continuously for 8 days now. Well late last night I turned the pump off to disconnect my pool cleaner and reconnect the skimmer.
When I tried to turn the pump back on it would just hum but not turn. I tried several times but it would not turn. I got on here this morning and started reading every thread I could find. I watched some youtube videos about capacitors. Finally I just disconnected the power and tried to just see if the motor would turn, to make sure it wasn't seized up. Luckily it would turn. I read somewhere that one guy had turned his pump on then given it a little push with a screwdriver and it would start.
Well I just tried the switch again and it started working!!! How could that be? did moving the motor just a quarter turn or so make a difference in it starting?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.