Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex adding saltwater chlorinate

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex adding saltwater chlorinate

Hey guys. Hope this is the right place. We have a 12' x 30" intex frame pool. I just picked up a new saltwater chlorinator but the hoses are way too big. I am sure a lot of you have done this. I have the smaller 540 gpm pump so I will order a new pump and adapter but I need guidance in what to buy. If someone can let me know or give links to amazon on what to buy I would appreciate it!

Thanks

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex adding saltwater chlorinate

Hi there and welcome to TFP.... You want to buy the large intex strainers from amazon.... And the plunger valves..... http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Fittings...+plunger+valve There are cheaper ones, you just have to do a little searching....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

Well I ordered the 1000 gpm pump on amazon and made connections from Home Depot. Pics below. I got a low salt alarm so I turned off the saltwater and will turn it on I. The morning again

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I did make some connections from Home Depot and I just ordered the 1000 gpm from amazon to meet the minimum specs.

5. Back To Top    #5

Made the connections from Home Depot. Ordered a 1000 gpm pump from amazon to make sure I have the right flow. Crossing my fingers!

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry about the repeats. Forum was not working right!