Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Kit check, now what?

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Kit check, now what?

I just received my new test kit, it is a Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD

just checked chemical levels, wanting now to go to TFPC here are the results I got with the FAS/DPD kit

PH - 7.4
    CH - 110 - I think, wasn't to sure on this one
    TA - 90
    CYA - 30
    FC - .4
    CC - .2

On the Ch test wasn't really sure I was doing that one right. Yep don't think the FC & CC are correct, never did get the water to turn pink in the tester.
    19300 gal (27x54), AG, 22"Millenium Ultimate Granular Filtration w/2HP 2SP Pump,
    July 2013, Polaris 65 Vac, Confer AG Curve Step System, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Nordic Sport Hot Tub 300 gal, 78.5"R X35"D

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Kit check, now what?

How exciting!!

The CH test should be straightforward. When it turns sky blue - almost the shade of the background on this page - and doesn't change anymore when you add another drop, you're done. You can watch videos of each test here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TF100TestKit

How does your water look? If it's clear, raise FC up to 5 with bleach or some of your leftover Cal-hypo and go swimming!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Test Kit check, now what?

the water looks awesome. Just as clear as can be
    19300 gal (27x54), AG, 22"Millenium Ultimate Granular Filtration w/2HP 2SP Pump,
    July 2013, Polaris 65 Vac, Confer AG Curve Step System, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Nordic Sport Hot Tub 300 gal, 78.5"R X35"D