Hi All. I have an intex pool that is 15ft & 4t. I also have a salt water generator system. Included with the pool were two different test strips that test the FC, PH, TA and a separate strip for Copper. The FC tested at 1 (which manufacture says is ok). PH tested very high, I couldn't exactly tell if it was 7.8 or 8.4 as the colors are very similar. The TA also looked very high at 240. I have no idea what CYA is as I don't have a test strip for this.
So obviously I need to lower the PH and the TA; however, my daughter got sick in the pool and I need to shock it appropriately to kill any of the bacteria.
What should I do first? Lower the PH and TA or increase the FC to shock it? Is it accurate that I need to increase the FC to 21 to shock it? About 230 oz of 6% bleach?
Also, approximately how long after adding the bleach does it take to kill the bacteria? Do I continue to run the filter and SWG as normal during the shock process?
Please help! Thank you in advance for your assistance!!