So I have an Intex 16x48 ultra frame, 6000 gallons (please ignore the information in my signature, I have no idea where it came from, Removed. JasonLion) Had it up for about a month now chlorinating with the dissolving tablets. My initial test with the K-2006 showed all levels in the proper range. FC was 6, TC about .5, no measurable CYA, PH 7.4. I have been maintaining very close to those levels weekly until last week when we got a significant amount of rain. The water turned very cloudy with a hint of green/brown. Since then I shocked with shock and swim from Wal-Mart and that water is definitely better but far from crystal clear like it was. Retested this morning and noticed a significant decrease in PH. This mornings numbers were FC = 7 ppm, TC = .6 ppm, no measureable CYA, PH = 7.0, and TA = 40.
Here is where I need help. The steps below are what I believe I should do in order of importance. Please straighten me out where needed.
1. Get PH up to 7.5. The plan here is to add washing soda to bring the PH up to level.
2. Increase TA to ~100 using baking soda
3. Maintain chlorine level where it is
4. Run pump continuously to make sure any floating debris is removed
5. Vacuum with the Intex stick vac that came with the pool to remove any debris from the floor
Anything seem out of place there? Anything else that I need to be concerned about when trying to increase both PH and TA at the same time? And most importantly would this lead to slightly cloudy water?
Thanks for all of the great information on this forum!