First test Taylor 100 kit

Daily test
PH........... 8.0-8.2
Chlorine...... 5-10
Not sure why ph went up so much since yesterday. It rained last night and people in pool after tests yesterday.
I had the ph going down last few tests. Now it is on the way up again.
Muriatic acid time again. Seems I've added it regularly since opening this year.

Daily test
PH........... 8.0-8.2
Chlorine...... 5-10
Not sure why ph went up so much since yesterday. It rained last night and people in pool after tests yesterday.
I had the ph going down last few tests. Now it is on the way up again.
Muriatic acid time again. Seems I've added it regularly since opening this year.
I find I add acid twice a week or so. Most of my return in through a waterfall so the aeration pushed up the pH.

Those look like "forget the chemicals for a while and go swimming" numbers.

I would keep CYA at 40 so you have a bit of headroom and can use pucks if you go away on vacation.

Muriatic acid sounds OK but not urgent. IIRC bringing the TA down should help with pH drift, usual prescription for that is aeration to bring pH up alternating with MA to bring pH and TA down.

Yes, orange on the OTO is from high chlorine.

From my own research (which I hunted down here using search) Blinding yellow is about 10. School bus yellow is about 12-13. Hunter orange is around 18, up around 25 it starts to look pumpkin orange. I never went any higher than that, but it's been reliably reported that it eventually will turn brown if you get high enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.