First test Taylor 100 kit

Second weekly test. Not using tabs with other chemicals any longer as suggested.

Merged by moderator. Please keep your questions together for story continuity. Thanks, jblizzle

This is the second weekly test. I quit using the the chlorine tablets with other ingredients as suggested in another post and started using liquid chlorine only.
Here are my results. What do you suggest to add? Why is there no CC?
thanks
Bill

FC=2.5
CC=0
TC=2.5
PH=7.8
CH=425
TA=180
CYA=40

Re: Second weekly test. Not using tabs with other chemicals any longer as suggested.

I would lower TA to 7.2 and increase the amount of chlorine you are adding daily. You never want FC to go below 3 when CYA is 40.

CC at zero is good!

Had 3 in. of rain last night. Neighborhood flooded. My house is on higher ground so no damage for me. But I checked pool water and looked like algae starting. Here are the numbers.
PH-8.0
FC-2.5
CC-0
TC-2.5
CH-375
TA-180
CYA-40
So I added 1 1/2 gal of chlorine and brushed pool with pump running full speed.
Tested about and hour or so later/fine test for chlorine:
FC-10.5
CC.5
TC-11
Suggestions? What should I have done? What should I do next?
I know I should have checked daily but got caught in bad situations the last 2 nights.
thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Muriatic acid for sure to bring the pH down.

Unless you determine in the coming weeks that you need higher CYA, I would leave it alone, not add any, and stop testing for it.

Add enough bleach to avoid going below minimum FC.
Agreed. Remember, you still have those pucks so when you go away for a few days you can float them. That will slowly bring up the CYA.

Calculator said no chlorine. Should I try to maintain higher level than 5.5 FC? It was at 10.5 last night. But it rained really alot and got sunny and hot today. Just rained hard within the last hour and supposed to get more rain tonight. But FC was 5.5 earlier this evening before rain.
thanks

Calculator said no chlorine. Should I try to maintain higher level than 5.5 FC? It was at 10.5 last night. But it rained really alot and got sunny and hot today. Just rained hard within the last hour and supposed to get more rain tonight. But FC was 5.5 earlier this evening before rain.
thanks
You posted FC of 2.5 a couple of times, so I wanted to point out that you were getting into dangerous territory. Try to figure out a target that ensures that you never get below your minimum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Yesterday added 1/2 gal 25% muriatic acid. No chlorine.
Today did daily chlorine test (3-6) and PH 7.5
Then add 1/2 gal 12.5% chlorine.
PH and chlorine are where they should be now.
Does a quart of 12.5% chlorine per day sound about right to maintain?
I'll do all tests tomorrow.
thanks

I think the numbers are doing good! I think I may be able to back off chlorine a bit?
Will check daily and adjust and keep from going low again.
CC is 0, is that OK?
Thanks for the help! Any comments or suggestions?
PH-7.8
FC-8.0
CC-0
TC-8.0
CH-325
TA-130
CYA-40

This was answered above.
I would lower pH to 7.2 and increase the amount of chlorine you are adding daily. You never want FC to go below 3 when CYA is 40.

CC at zero is good!
The comments regarding pH and CC still stand.

You will notice your pH increased from 7.5 (20th June) to 7.8 (21st June) - aeration causes pH to rise, you need to continue to monitor your pH.

Also, you can do an OCLT.

PH-7.6
FC-4.5
CC-0
TC-4.5
CH-325
TA-130
CYA-30
More muriatic acid?
a little will bring down the pH. I find I don't measure with mutation acid, I pour a little then check again tomorrow. Measuring acid is too dangerous IMHO.

You can add two,different chemicals on the same day, I.e. Acid & chlorine, just wait a minimum of 30 minutes with the pump runnin to mix the first one added.

It's looking good and you are getting the hang of it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.