Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going on vacation question

1. Back To Top    #1

Going on vacation question

We will be going on vacation for a week and I have no one to come over and turn my pool on and off. What would be the best course of action here? I obviously don't want to let it run 24/7.
    35000 gallons
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Jandy AquaSeries Ei Pure Salt System
    IG
    Vinyl
    Pentair Superflow 1hp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going on vacation question

Do you have a timer? With a SWG and a timer your odds are fairly good for a week away.

The other option is to raise to shock level and cover the pool leaving the pump off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have a timer. I still haven't installed one. Our house will be shown next week (it's for sale right now), so I don't want to cover it. I will try to find someone to come and turn it on and off for me.
    35000 gallons
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Jandy AquaSeries Ei Pure Salt System
    IG
    Vinyl
    Pentair Superflow 1hp

4. Back To Top    #4

A simple plug-in timer will work just fine. And if my house was being shown you can bet it would run 24/7 while I was gone. Surely otherwise your realtor knows someone?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

I use a 3 prong digital timer. Just bought another one from walmart and went through two of them that were defective. They kept resetting theirselves. It was a Brinks model so dont bother with those. Had to get one from Lowes that works fine. They are rated for 15 amps @ 110v so check to make sure what your pump says. There are bad reviews because they thought it was hard to program but I didnt have a problem.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_155671-89916...uctId=50054139
    18,000 Gallon Aboveground. Sand Filter with 2HP 2 speed Pump.