Super Cloudy - but reading don't make sense.

Jun 25, 2011
So the pool was green when I opened it. I knew I had to shock it. CYA was at 0, FC was at 0. I put in 9lb of CYA to raise my CYA to inbetween 30-40. Let that run for two days. Then last night I put in enough liquid chlorine to raise it to 16 (the shock level for 40 CYA). I do my tests this morning (after being super sad that it was just as much of a cloudy mess as it was when I opened it (also note there is no debirs in the pool)). My readings

FC - 16
PH - 7.2
TA = 220 (I know its really high, but I assume this will get fixed at my current PH level once it starts getting aerated by swimmers)
CC = 0 (I'm not sure how this is zero the solution might have been SLIGHTLY pink from the kit, but it looked near as dangit to clear)
CYA = 45~

So those are my reading. Can anyone explain the extensive cloudiness? Should I put in clarifier?

With a DE filter in those conditions I would expect the filter pressure to be going up rapidly and the filter to require backwashing and or cleaning frequently. Is it possible you have the main valve on circulate rather than on filter?

So what does not seem right. The Cc's? Just remember, you may or may not show cc. That does not mean that it is not working. You said you started green. Is it still green or is it turning white. If it is turning white then it's working and just needs to be filtered out. Something that is a hard balance with a de filter. They just work too good. If your water is clearing and the algae is turning white. Run the filter on bypass. The algae should settle somewhat. Then vac to waist VERY SLOWLY. That should get most of it out, then finish the slam process to filter the rest.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

EDIT - Now that I examine it more, I guess it getting a little "milky" its still super green, which I don't understand but it is getting white. I'm not quite sure what I should run my filter on, my filter is this. The filter isn't full by any stretch of the imagination according to the gauge. But I'll try running it on bybass.

http://www.acepools.com/products/sp...xRn0NAr0KAjWg2q2KPwQGupB-jmt9TGcDqronUzfD_BwE

I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to have it running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.