Intex 635EG not working?

norwei

May 22, 2014
Brentwood, CA
Hi everyone. This may sound stupid but this is my first time owning a pool. I finished setting up the pool and filled it with water. Hooked up the filter that came with the pool plugged it into a GFCI outlet, switched the pump on nothing happened. I don't hear any sound nor see any water flow. I did the air release procedure and still nothing. I plugged in something else to the outlet to test for power and that worked. I plugged back in the pump, switched it on and nothing. I clicked on the reset button on the pump power cord and still nothing. I am going crazy. And because I haven't owned a pool before, I don't even know if the pump should or should not make a sound when it is on. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated before I call Intex.

Thanks.

you can probably get by with manually adding bleach and manually stirring the pool for a few days. If you want something to hold you by until you get a replacement, the 1,000 gallon per hour 637R cartridge filter sells on amazon for under $40 with free shipping, and the 530 GPH model 603 is under $25. Of course these both use the 1 1/4 inch hoses, and i think the 635T uses the larger 1 1/2 inch so you would have to rig an adapter, but that could probably be done with $5 or so worth of plumbing fittings.

sorry guys, I forgot to update this. There was nothing wrong with the pump. It was my stupidity. Here's what happened. I tried to take it inside the house to keep it because I ordered a more powerful pump. So I unplugged it and then lifted it up. To my surprise, the pump was still plugged in when I tried lifting it. And then I realized that the GFCI cable I have been hitting RESET was for the SWG...hahahaha...So I tried hitting the reset for the pump GFCI cable and lo and behold, the pump worked!!! Stupid me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.