Dent in pool floor....

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
well... that didnt take long. we were putting in our confer curved steps and my son was helping me with the tube sand weights we built. he dropped one. it is 20 lbs. It made a nice concave dent in the bottom of the pool floor about 1 inch deep. I donned some goggles and dove down and looked at it. Liner looks fine, it formed into the dent, no wrinkles or nothing. Pushing on it a bit with my fingers I worked a little bit of it out.

its not a big deal to me, as its right next to the side of the stairs where no one will hardly ever be anyway.

what effect do dents like this have on the liner? does it cause any lifespan issues or can it rupture or is it just a "cosmetic" issue.

As mentioned above, it's all cosmetic. You will se dirt pool there more than anything. But don't be surprised next year if you see little wrinkles forming. It's normal. Your pool bottom isn't going to stay perfect. I think you should just get in and enjoy the pool and not worry about the floor. Pretty soon, you'll have kids jumping in and dents all over the place.

P.S. Don't swim in my pool. The floor looks like the moon because I did not have time to do it as I was very busy taking care of my husband post motorcycle accident. I was trying to do it and care for him at the same time as I was leading up to a dead line to get the base ready for install. I basically gave in on the floor of the pool to take care of him. My liner doesn't leak but it's a bear to sweep. Oh well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.