Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

Hello All,
    My pool light power supply was having issues, I could tap it and it would start working. That lasted for about 6 months. Today I took some time and my multimeter to trouble shoot the issue.
    It turned out to be the fuse holder has corroded/rotted/cracked. Unfortunately the power supply doesn't' come apart and I can't replace the holder.

So for $90 I'm getting an Intermatic PX300. It should be here in a few days.

I may keep the unit, drill out the rivets that hold things together and see what I can do with it. Maybe replace the fuse holder and get it working.
    Murrieta, CA. 15K (Est) pool/spa. Hayward Tristar SP3220EE 2.70HP pump, Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter C4025 425sqft (PA106), Pentair Mastertemp 400 heater. TF-100/Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

It's arrived. Now need to install. Wires are on opposite sides of the unit of the original.
    Murrieta, CA. 15K (Est) pool/spa. Hayward Tristar SP3220EE 2.70HP pump, Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter C4025 425sqft (PA106), Pentair Mastertemp 400 heater. TF-100/Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

PX 300 inside image.jpgInstalled today. Went pretty easy. I had a moment of brilliance, I was able to swap the wires leads so they matched my wiring setup (high voltage/low voltage sides).
    All I had to do was unscrew the ground bar, swap the wires around and reconnect the ground bar. Works like a charm!

The above is how they come. I swapped the white and two black wires to opposite sides and the associated black/blue/yellow.