Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

Hello All,
    My pool light power supply was having issues, I could tap it and it would start working. That lasted for about 6 months. Today I took some time and my multimeter to trouble shoot the issue.
    It turned out to be the fuse holder has corroded/rotted/cracked. Unfortunately the power supply doesn't' come apart and I can't replace the holder.

So for $90 I'm getting an Intermatic PX300. It should be here in a few days.

I may keep the unit, drill out the rivets that hold things together and see what I can do with it. Maybe replace the fuse holder and get it working.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

It's arrived. Now need to install. Wires are on opposite sides of the unit of the original.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

PX 300 inside image.jpgInstalled today. Went pretty easy. I had a moment of brilliance, I was able to swap the wires leads so they matched my wiring setup (high voltage/low voltage sides).
    All I had to do was unscrew the ground bar, swap the wires around and reconnect the ground bar. Works like a charm!

The above is how they come. I swapped the white and two black wires to opposite sides and the associated black/blue/yellow.