Economical cleaner

May 27, 2014
I'm looking for an economical cleaner and have been considering the following:

Barracuda g2,
Mx-8
Thepoolcleaner
Polaris 360

I have an 18x36 inground, sand filter. No dedicated cleaner line. Which would you recommend? Want to stay under $500. Mostly concerned with sand, dead algae and some leaves and maple keys. Are there any others I should consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a dedicated cleaner line, you can not use a pressure side cleaner which leaves you with a suction cleaner (I would recommend the PoolCleaner) or a robot (limited selection under $500).

Without a dedicated cleaner line, you can not use a pressure side cleaner which leaves you with a suction cleaner (I would recommend the PoolCleaner) or a robot (limited selection under $500).

Actually I believe the 360 and legend II run off a standard return, no booster pump required. I'm really leaning towards a robot, but the initial expense sure is off putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Actually I believe the 360 and legend II run off a standard return, no booster pump required. I'm really leaning towards a robot, but the initial expense sure is off putting.

They may not need a booster pump, but you still need a dedicated cleaner line so you can force enough water flow through it using valves. If you just try to hook it to one of your regular return jets, the path of least resistance for the water will be to the other jets and the cleaner will not get enough flow ... unless ... all your returns are plumbed separately to your equipment pad and you can close off the non-cleaner ones if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.