What kind of pool do I have?

Jun 6, 2014
New Albin, Iowa
This is our pool (see pictures). It was here when we moved into our home. I know for certain this pool is at least 10 years old because I swam in in about 8 years ago before I moved into the home. We are trying to figure out what kind of pool this is and what kind of liner we need to order to replace the current one. I have been told that the pool is not a doughboy. I have also been told that I would need an overlap liner. Can anyone offer anymore information? We believe the pool is 21 x 41.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 59
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 57
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 57
I don't know what kind of pool it is but I don't think that matters when it comes to buying a liner. Measure the pool if you don't know the dimensions. Then, decide what type of liner you want overlap, beaded, etc. Then figure out the mil, which is the thickness. I think most will agree 25 mil is the minimum. Hopefully, someone else will provide additional feedback.

How tall are the walls? If they are 52"-54" you can use a J Hook liner or you can go with an overlap liner. J Hook/beaded liners come in many patterns while overlap liners are more plain Jane. Definitely get a 25 gauge liner as they are stronger, regardless of overlap or J Hook/Beaded.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.