Good vs Bad Neighbors

Our pool has been her for many years, but we recently had a house near ours sell - the house is on a small lot and sits cattywankas to our backyard. Their back property line is part of one of my side boundaries. Anyway, they did not realize that we had a pool until they had closed on the house. When I introduced myself the first thing the new neighbor said was that he didn't realize there was a pool in my yard or he wouldn't have bought it. Well, google earth my friend, google earth.

Thats why I live in the country. No nosey neighbors to bother me. The old man "next door" couldn't care less about my pool nor could he care less when he waves to me while I'm climbing into the pool naked because he's too far away to even know I'm naked while he is waving to me :D

Yeah, I don't know how people can live so close to each other. I have no one telling me where I can put my pool, telling me that I need to have it fenced, no one telling me I can't work projects in my garage because I'm forced to have the cars in there at all times, what mailbox I can have, when and how high I can cut my grass, etc. etc.

Ohhhhh.... so you managed to tee the neighbor's off? :mrgreen: I've gotten no complaints over my pool. Our next door neighbor actually has a pool. Our new neighbor's haven't said a word but the pool was here before they moved in and it's not moving if they don't like it. All I have to say is if they don't, they better learn to love it. :lol: It ain't moving! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I introduced myself the first thing the new neighbor said was that he didn't realize there was a pool in my yard or he wouldn't have bought it. Well, google earth my friend, google earth.

Wow, weird. Perhaps he is just worried about his kids, but what a weird way to say "hey, nice to meetcha!" huh?
I'm on a circle, and have like six homes that all back up to each other. Yet its quite private with all the trees. If it weren't for our music and splashin', I doubt they'd know we had a pool.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on a culta sac and even though we good amount of space between houses both neighbors also have pools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my cul-de-sac I'm in the back with an inground pool and lots of trees, and the first house in the circle has few trees and an extensive deck surrounding an above ground pool. I don't know them. I drive by and keep noticing he's not opened his pool up and wonder why? I need to meet him and "pool bond" a bit, LOL

This is a funny topic. I live in a neighborhood with half acre lots. Needless to say... neighbors pretty close. We have neighbors who were really good friends (pseudo family) for about 6 years until we went to put a pool in and they (mostly she) freaked out and basically said how horrible and inconsiderate it is for us to build a pool. Their property value would be ruined, they'd never be able to sell, it will ruin their view (which consists of only ONE window... the kitchen window) to our yard, how noisy it will be with parties, etc ... Oh well. I still have friendly passing by chit chat with him, but we all do our best to avoid direct eye contact with her, and her with us. Needless to say, we're not exactly sending each other Christmas cards anymore. It is still just amazing that she would alienate what were such good friends because of that, but in the end, people that petty and judgmental don't need to be included in my life. Pool went in for the family and now I have 2 less people to worry about entertaining in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.