HELP! Concrete Sealer got into pool

mips33

Jun 6, 2014
Santa Ana
Hi all,

Ive been lurking for quite sometime now learning a lot about our new pool and water chemistry but now I feel I have a big issue. My IDIOT pool deck contractor sealed our deck without covering the pool. I bunch of over spray of sealant landed in the pool and created a plastic like film. I've tried to get as much as I can out with a net but there is still a good amount of material on top of the water and suspended in the water as well. It looks like little bits of clear plastic. Do I need to drain the pool? Will Chlorine eventually break down the sealant? Its a VOC 100 compound, and I dont know what that exactly means but its freaking me out. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced

If it's mobile (i.e - not sticking to anything) - just get a leaf rake and rake it out - if it's too small for that - then just keep vacuuming the pool until you get it. Only thing that I would panic about is if it's sticking to something and causing a problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.