Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! Concrete Sealer got into pool

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP! Concrete Sealer got into pool

Hi all,

Ive been lurking for quite sometime now learning a lot about our new pool and water chemistry but now I feel I have a big issue. My IDIOT pool deck contractor sealed our deck without covering the pool. I bunch of over spray of sealant landed in the pool and created a plastic like film. I've tried to get as much as I can out with a net but there is still a good amount of material on top of the water and suspended in the water as well. It looks like little bits of clear plastic. Do I need to drain the pool? Will Chlorine eventually break down the sealant? Its a VOC 100 compound, and I dont know what that exactly means but its freaking me out. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP! Concrete Sealer got into pool

Hard to say without knowing what is in it, but if it is an epoxy sealant I suspect your filter will catch it in enough time
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

its a Lacquer sealer. Does that help?

4. Back To Top    #4

If it's mobile (i.e - not sticking to anything) - just get a leaf rake and rake it out - if it's too small for that - then just keep vacuuming the pool until you get it. Only thing that I would panic about is if it's sticking to something and causing a problem.